1. Proposal introduction (What)
The main goal of Espanicon is to create content in Spanish and to translate important articles and news from English into Spanish to spread ICON and the ICON Ecosystem into the Spanish speaking communities.
Spanish is the second most spoken native language in the world with over 400 million native speakers, availability of media content in Spanish about ICON and the ICON ecosystem is imperative to reach this population and to increase the reach and awareness of ICON worldwide.
2. The motivation of the proposal (Why)
I’ve been a part of the community as an ICONist since 2018, during this time I collaborated with open source projects related to the ICON ecosystem by submitting commits into the Svalinn github repo, making translations of articles and being active in the Telegrams Channels.
Being close to the project since the beginning and being a native Spanish speaker, I can see that there’s a lack of Spanish targeted web content to spread awareness of ICON into these communities, I want to work towards the translation of important content about ICON into Spanish and the creation of new web content in Spanish.
3. Execution plan of the proposal (How)
We will begin by creating social media accounts (Medium, Twitter, etc) and use them to publish the content we will be creating.
Get in contact with other P-reps and members of the ICON community to create a list of articles, tutorials and any other content (in English) that would be important to have in Spanish, prioritize the list and translate and publish the articles in a regular basis.
Create a webpage for the P-Rep team and continue growing our social media presence over time.
4. Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
* 0 to 1 month. In the short term during the first month, we will be creating social media accounts and getting in touch with the ICON community to start the translation of articles and tutorials.
* 1 to 3 months. Design and create a webpage for the team
* 4 months and on. Grow social media accounts and translate articles, tutorials, news, and any other content on a regular basis.
Expected Network Information