HQ: Mechelen, Belgium
1. Proposal introduction (What)
Increasing Icon footprint within Europe. Based in Belgium many opportunities for Icon exist.
* Port of Antwerp (top 3 port of Europe) is a key logistic hub for European import and export and home of many Chemicals manufacturing giants (BASF, INEOS, Solvay, Lubrizol, Lanxess, Borealis, Evonik, Eurochem, Covestro, Exxcon Mobile, Umicore, …)
* The European capital Brussels is home of many HQ’s: European Union (EU) / World Customs Organization (WCO) / North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), Eurocontrol (airspace security), … All of which are well positioned to drive blockchain adoption.
* Connect to the ongoing governmental initiatives for blockchain adoption in Belgium (National and Regional level).
2. Motivation of the proposal (Why)
As from February 2018 I have been following, researching, promoting and acquiring (DCA) Icon / ICX. I was attracted by the approach of the Icon Foundation team and the connection to Iconloop. An approach different from other projects, focus on hard work, responsible budget management and creating a solid foundation rather than hype. The work which has been done by Iconloop in the private chain area will serve as a solid ecosystem foundation for adoption of which the public Icon chain will benefit for years to come.
The adoption in South Korea will serve as an example for all the benefits blockchain will bring. The world will follow. I have no doubt about that. I would like to do my part on a local scale to pursue adoption opportunities within Belgium and be a valuable link between adoption opportunities and teams who have the resources to successfully onboard new users on the Icon public chain.
3. Execution plan of the proposal (How)
Leverage my existing network as Logistics Procurement Manager in a chemical company to pursue opportunities mainly, but not limited to, the logistics, customs and chemical sector.
Create a Belgian community and host events.
At first I will be a one man team, but over time, while building a local community that might change. The ultimate goal is to have an ‘ICX station Belgium’. Dreaming big, while taking small steps forward.
4. Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
Realistically I don’t expect to become a main P-rep. Hence timeline will be very much dependent on available resources both monetary and time management. I’m not someone who makes promises which I do not intend to keep.
Your delegation through votes is very much welcome should you see the benefits of having an ICX station in Belgium, home of the capital of Europe, and hence expediting the process through increased monetary resources.
Logistics Procurement Manager / Blockchain enthusiast
“You cannot run away from a weakness; you must sometimes fight it out or perish. And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?” ~Robert Louis Stevenson~
Expected Network Information