HQ: Zug, Switzerland
1. Proposal introduction (What)
As a team consisting of a Solution Architect and Business Growth Manager with an ICON P-REP position we will:
- Ensure network security by using a robust and protected fail-over architecture;
- Activate a testnet validator since phase 1 in order to provide support for the quality assurance and network decentralization;
- Produce and verify blocks, validate transactions, propose and vote on network policy changes, drive growth to the ICON ecosystem;
- Actively participate in governance decisions;
- Develop an ICON Ecosystem portal (ex.: iconecosystem.io) that will host all the relevant information about ICON as well as projects/tools created around it;
- Support projects that will be significant to the ICON Ecosystem;
- Provide technical, architectural as well as business growth consultancy services to projects built on ICON.
2. Motivation of the proposal (Why)
Through our technical expertise, we identified ICON as one of the blockchain application platforms with great potential to become a leader in this industry. One key component of every blockchain platform besides the technology is its community. A large, strong community implicitly delivers a certain degree of adoption and usability of the platform, as well as of the DApps and tools around it. Recurrently, it happens that the work of community members, developers or entrepreneurs, consisting of these tools or DApps, often goes lost or overseen.
Therefore, we want to build a central portal, equivalent to a single point of entry into the ICON Ecosystem. The portal will provide access to particular tools and DApps built on ICON in an easy manner by using a proper UX, thus being accessible by any user.
3. Execution plan of the proposal (How)
- Creating and maintaining a testnet node for quality assurance, security tests and network decentralization;
Designing and implementing the architecture for a secure validator on mainnet;
Actively participating in governance decisions and discussions on Reddit or similar forums;
Develop an ICON Ecosystem portal that will centralize all the information around the ICON project. The portal will contain information and links to projects (DApps) developed on ICON, news portals, explorer pages, as well as any other relevant tools developed in the ecosystem. In this way devs as well as regular users can easily find the necessary tools and DApps, at the same time being ensured of the veridicality of the data, avoiding to fall victims of scam or fraudulent websites. The portal will be constantly updated, implying continuous content creation as the ecosystem starts to expand.
Projects interested in building on ICON can make use of our consultancy services for technical as well as business growth, under the constrain of personal resources.
Promote the development of the ICON Ecosystem as well as the portal over social media channels like Twitter and Telegram.
4. Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
Our P-Rep validator has been already active and participated successfully since the beginning of phase 1 on TestNet.
We are confident that our proposal will bring a valuable contribution to the ICON project and we are already working on the portal design and concept. Soon after the election, the first version of the ICON portal will be released. Meanwhile we will
continue to test and contribute to the ICON software quality and also be active on the social media channels with the latest ICON news.
The upcoming projects which will be built on ICON can reach us for support and consultancy services.
Expected Network Information