HQ: Detroit / Bucharest
Proposal introduction (What)
UBIK CAPITAL is a team of people who are passionate about ICON and want to be a part of the extraordinary ICON ecosystem. We are experienced in software development, program management, and server infrastructure and want to do our part to serve the ICON community through outreach, technical development, and of course, running a resilient ICON node!
Proposal introduction (What)
UBIK CAPITAL is seeking P-Rep election to promote the ICON Network, support software development utilizing ICON, and represent the community’s best interest in the Governance process. UBIK CAPITAL has worldwide presence in North America and Europe and will provide around-the-clock coverage for our servers and the ICON community. Our team’s experience and expertise with setting up and managing multiple blockchain nodes, hands-on military-grade cyber security, software development and AWS training, and technical program management uniquely qualify us for success in the P-Rep role.
Motivation of the proposal (Why)
Our team believes in the fundamental principles of ICON and its mission to hyperconnect the world in a decentralized manner! Having been involved with ICON and active in the community since 2017, we are motivated to be a part of shaping the future growth of the ICON Network, and successfully hyperconnecting the world!
Execution plan of the proposal (How)
Ubik Capital is dedicated to the successful growth and longevity of the ICON network. 100% of our profits will go back into the ICON ecosystem with allocations to software development (DApps, tools, infrastructure), economic expansion (exchanges, business partnerships), and outreach (marketing, education and content creation). We seek to provide value to the ICON community and ICON network through economic and technical means. We believe we all should succeed together, and our strategy reflects that.
Nodes are required to run smoothly in order for the ICON Network to function properly, and we take our submission to be a public representative very seriously. We are fully committed to ensuring our node is provisioned with sufficient resources, properly hardened to resist cyber-attacks, and will provide node redundancy through a backup node to minimize downtime. We will prioritize node availability and reliability and as a team have an overarching focus on assurance of the network decentralization through the Governance process. We will run two online servers in geographically separated physical locations for switch-over purposes and redundancy to mitigate security risks in case of downtime. We have successfully operated in both ICON TestNets 1 and 2, operating multiple nodes across the world with different providers. We are ready for execution in TestNet 3 on September 10th, in preparation for MainNet operations.
Additionally, we will grow the community with our two ICON appointed Ambassadors and additional skilled team members, helping to engage in education and outreach on social media, across the United States, and in Europe. Our friendly approach and simple explanations of complex problems will help grow the knowledge base throughout the community and attract new users. Our combined decades of experience in technical development and program management will enable us to foster conversation with serious businesses regarding the new blockchain technologies that ICON has developed, and explain the complex technology in a way that connects to traditional businesses and Government. We recently formed a partnership to explore ICON Blockchain technologies with Aero Systems West, a drone start-up in California, and are currently reaching out to multiple businesses in other areas to enhance ICON.
We will operate across the globe and want to give every single ICONist a voice. We will listen to the community and ensure we weigh the desires and wishes of the community as we participate in ICON Governance decisions. We have already done so during pre-voting and will continue to be a voice for our voters.
We will focus on economic growth of the ICX token, in addition to technical and business development. We believe the price of ICX matters for short and long-term success. As such, we will continue to push for long-term staking incentives to entice longer holding periods for ICONists, lowering supply and helping to stabilize price. Additionally, we will stay on the look-out for any and all opportunities to onboard new investors and also help list ICX at new exchanges worldwide.
Lastly, we will use our software development, cyber security, and cloud computing skillsets to help other P-Reps to strengthen their nodes, develop new applications, and produce tutorials/training materials for the ICON community.
Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
Below are near-term objectives that are high fidelity in the task description and estimated completion dates. We also have a further long-term growth strategy:
The format is: <Start Date - Estimated Completion Date (ECD)>
- Utilize 2x ICON Ambassadors on our team to engage with current and potential future users on social media. (In-Progress - ECD Fall 2019).
- Current status: in the past few months, our team has published over 20 articles, participated in 3 videos, and spent countless hours engaging and helping to educate the ICON community on multiple social media channels.
- Utilize extensive program management experience to connect the new blockchain technologies to existing businesses. (Fall 2019).
- Current status: We recently formed a partnership to explore ICON Blockchain technologies with Aero Systems West, a drone start-up in California, and are currently reaching out to multiple businesses in other areas to enhance ICON. We are continuing outreach into new areas to build additional areas of growth for ICON.
- Educate and spread ICON knowledge to campuses – hosting a hackathon at Purdue University (Fall 2019).
- Produce tutorials to promote and teach ICON uses, benefits, and applications.
1. High-level and easy to understand overviews of ICON, the importance of decentralization, and the Governance Structure (In-Progress - ECD Summer 2019)
2. Technical tutorials for node resiliency (In-Progress - ECD Summer 2019)
3. Technical tutorials for integrating ICON into mobile applications (Fall 2019)
Current Status: we have published over 20 articles, focusing on education of many areas of ICON. These are accessible through the blog on our webpage
- Develop ICON DApps for the community. (In-Progress – continuous work)
Current Status: We developed Breadcrmb, a native iOS mobile DApp build on the ICON blockchain with the purpose of giving user’s back control of their location data. This DApp won ICON’s Got Talent contest (1 of 6 winners). Breadcrmb is the first integration of ICON Fee 2.0 in a mobile DApp.
- Use our hands-on military cyber security training and experiences to strengthen our node to be resilient. (In-Progress – ECD Fall 2019)
Current Status: We have participated in multiple ICON TestNets with multiple servers across the world and with different providers. We have continually improved our setup and will continue to do so into MainNet operations.
- Engage with top-tier US Universities regarding blockchain and ICON
- Host ICON Meetups in the US and Europe
- Partner with other P-Reps to launch community-driven events to raise awareness and offer rewards to participants
- Work with companies to form new partnerships to grow ICON
- Work to list ICON on more exchanges worldwide
- Continue DApp Development with useful DApps to increase ICON use
- Develop useful software tools for ICON
- Modify IISS code to add long-term staking incentives for ICONists (pending Governance approval)
- Develop code templates for easy integration of ICON functions into mobile apps.
- Develop code templates for software as infrastructure development and launch of hardened nodes on AWS.
- Engage with the community to understand goals and ‘wish-list’ of functions and DApps and begin development of community-driven DApps
Expected Network Information