HQ: Detroit / Bucharest
UBIK CAPITAL is a team of people who are passionate about ICON and want to be a part of the extraordinary ICON ecosystem. We are experienced in software development, program management, and server infrastructure and are doing our part to serve the ICON community through outreach, technical development, and of course, running a resilient ICON node!
We are thankful for the strong support we have received from the ICON community. We will continue to keep our proposal up so new ICONists can learn about our team. We will continue to help grow the ICON Network, support software development utilizing ICON, and represent the community’s best interest in the Governance process. UBIK CAPITAL has worldwide presence in North America and Europe and experience and expertise with setting up and managing multiple blockchain nodes, cyber security, software development and AWS training, and technical program management.
This proposal is subject to change at any time. This is not financial advice. Investments are inherently risky and one should seek professional investment advice before considering any investments, large or small. For full details, please see our terms of service.
Motivation of the proposal
Our team believes in the fundamental principles of ICON and its mission to hyperconnect the world in a decentralized manner! Having been involved with ICON and active in the community since 2017, we are motivated to be a part of shaping the future growth of the ICON Network, and successfully hyperconnecting the world!
Execution plan of the proposal
Ubik Capital is dedicated to the successful growth and longevity of the ICON network. We seek to provide value to the ICON community and ICON network. We believe we all should succeed together, and our strategy reflects that.
Nodes are required to run smoothly in order for the ICON Network to we are fully committed to ensuring our node is provisioned with sufficient resources and properly hardened to resist cyber-attacks. Our node uptime is at 99.85% as of November 26, 2019. We successfully operated in both all ICON TestNets, showing dedication to ICON early on and enabling us to gain valuable experience in operating ICON nodes.
Our team engages in education and outreach in social media and through articles. Our friendly approach and simple explanations of complex problems help grow the knowledge base throughout the community and attract new users. Our combined decades of experience in technical development and program management can enable us to foster new opportunities new blockchain technologies that ICON has developed, and explain the complex technology in a way that connects to traditional businesses and Government. We recently formed a partnership to explore ICON Blockchain technologies with Aero Systems West, a drone start-up in California, and are currently reaching out to multiple businesses in other areas to enhance ICON.
We operate across the globe and want to give every single ICONist a voice. We will listen to the community and ensure we weigh the desires and wishes of the community as we participate in ICON Governance decisions.
Lastly, we are using our software development skillsets to help develop new applications and produce tutorials/training materials for the ICON community. We recently created the first iOS Swift ICON mobile application tutorial and also partnered with other P-Rep teams to initiate a new tutorial webpage supporting multiple languages, called ICON Core.
Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
Below are progress to date and objectives. Please note that these items can be subject to change as resources and goals change.
- Enagage with current and potential future users on social media.
- Current status: in the past few months, our team has published over 22 articles, participated in 3 videos, and spent countless hours engaging and helping to educate the ICON community on multiple social media channels.
- Utilize extensive program management experience to connect the new blockchain technologies to existing businesses.
- Current status: We recently formed a partnership to explore ICON Blockchain technologies with Aero Systems West, a drone start-up in California, and are currently reaching out to multiple businesses in other areas to enhance ICON. We are continuing outreach into new areas to build additional areas of growth for ICON.
- Produce tutorials to promote and teach ICON uses, benefits, and applications.
1. High-level and easy to understand overviews of ICON, the importance of decentralization, and the Governance Structure.
2. Technical tutorials for integrating ICON into applications
Current Status: we have published over 22 articles, focusing on education of many areas of ICON. We’ve also developed tutorial for iOS Swift, and will continue development with ICON Core.
- Develop ICON DApps for the community. (In-Progress – continuous work)
Current Status: We developed Breadcrmb, a native iOS mobile DApp build on the ICON blockchain with the purpose of giving user’s back control of their location data. This DApp won ICON’s Got Talent contest (1 of 6 winners). Breadcrmb is the first integration of ICON Fee 2.0 in a mobile DApp.
- Strengthen our node to be resilient.
Current Status: Our node is running at 99.85% block production as of November 26, 2019.
- Engage with top-tier Universities regarding blockchain and ICON
- Partner with other P-Reps to raise awareness of ICON
- Work with companies to form new partnerships to grow ICON
- Work to list ICON on more exchanges worldwide
- Continue DApp Development with useful DApps to increase ICON use
- Develop useful software tools for ICON
- Modify IISS code to add long-term staking incentives for ICONists (pending Governance
- Develop code templates for easy integration of ICON functions into mobile apps.
- Develop code templates for software as infrastructure development and launch of hardened
nodes on AWS.
- Engage with the community to understand goals and ‘wish-list’ of functions and DApps and
begin development of community-driven DApps
Expected Network Information