1. Proposal introduction (What)
- With 1 million users around the globe, Cobo can help ICON expand its community by listing ICX on Cobo Wallet.
- With a strong presence in China, Cobo will also help establish user communities for Chinese ICON enthusiasts and promote awareness of the ICON project through our owned channels.
- As the first leading wallet company in the world to offer Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and masternode rewards on user holdings, Cobo will introduce ICX staking products to all our wallet users.
- Cobo will be prioritizing integrations and support for the ICON DApp ecosystem.
- We are also looking to set up a fund for ICON community management, project incubation, and development-related products within Cobo.
2. Motivation of the proposal (Why)
- Cobo is a company that is firmly committed to supporting blockchain development and making cryptocurrencies easy to own and use. Our three established product lines - Cobo Wallet, Cobo Vault and Cobo Custody - can be integrated into ICON ecosystem. As one of the world’s leading wallet companies offering Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and Masternode rewards on user holdings, Cobo is experienced in managing up thousands of supernodes across multiple chains. We are confident Cobo will be an ideal candidate to become an ICON P-Rep.
3. Execution plan of the proposal (How)
- Once accepted, Cobo will start to set up a P-Rep node on ICON which will 100% meets the official technicial requirement
- We'll start listing ICX in Cobo Wallet so that regular users can deposit and withdraw ICX in cloud wallet
- Once staking is enabled, we'll start working on developing native staking for ICX in Cobo Wallet
- As ICON Dapp system develops, Cobo Wallet will add ICX in HD wallet and support ICON Dapps in our integrated dapp store
- Foundation and community building after products launched
4. Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
- 2019.7 P-rep node on ICON
- 2019. 8 List ICX in Cobo Wallet
- 2019. 9 Create built-in ICX staking product
- 2019.10 China and global ICX community
- 2019.11 and after, Dapp integration and etc.
Expected Network Information