HQ: Detroit / Bucharest
1. Proposal introduction (What)
Ubik Capital is seeking P-Rep election to promote the ICON Network, support software development utilizing ICON, and represent the community’s best interest in the Governance process. Ubik Capital has worldwide presence in North American and Europe and will provide around-the-clock coverage for our servers and the ICON community. Our team’s experience and expertise with setting up and managing multiple blockchain nodes, hands-on military-grade cyber security, software development and AWS training, and technical program management uniquely qualify us for success in the P-Rep role.
2. Motivation of the proposal (Why)
Our team believes in the fundamental principles of ICON and its mission to hyperconnect the world in a decentralized manner! Having been involved with ICON and active in the community since 2017, we are motivated to be a part of shaping the future growth of the ICON Network, and successfully hyperconnecting the world!
3. Execution plan of the proposal (How)
Nodes are required to run smoothly in order for the ICON network to function properly, and we take our submission to be a public representative very seriously. We are fully committed to ensuring our node is provisioned with sufficient resources, properly hardened to resist cyber attacks, and will provide node redundancy through a backup node to minimize downtime. We will prioritize node availability and reliability and as a team have an overarching focus on assurance of the network decentralization through the Governance process. We will run two online servers in geographically separated physical locations for switch-over purposes and redundancy to mitigate security risks in case of downtime.
Additionally, we will grow the community with our two ICON appointed Ambassadors, helping to engage in education and outreach on social media, across the United States, and in Europe. Our friendly approach and simple explanations of complex problems will help grow the knowledge base throughout the community and attract new users. Our experience in Technical Program Management over the past 10 years, will enable us to foster conversation with serious businesses regarding the new blockchain technologies that ICON has developed, and explain the complex technology in a way that connects to traditional businesses and Government.
We will operate across the globe and want to give every single ICONist a voice. We will listen to the community and ensure we weigh the desires and wishes of the community as we participate in ICON Governance decisions.
Lastly, we will use our software development, cyber security, and cloud computing skillsets to help other P-Reps to strengthen their nodes, develop new applications, and produce tutorials/training materials for the ICON community.
4. Expected timeline of the proposal (When)
Below are near-term objectives that are high fidelity in the task description and estimated completion dates. We also have a further long-term growth strategy:
The format is: <Start Date - Estimated Completion Date (ECD)>
- Utilize 2x ICON Ambassadors on our team to engage with current and potential future users on social media. (In-Progress - ECD Fall 2019)
- Utilize extensive program management experience to connect the new blockchain technologies to existing businesses. (Fall 2019)
- Weekly video series for interested viewers. (Summer 2019 - No Anticipated End Date).
- Produce tutorials to promote and teach ICON uses, benefits, and applications.
1. High-level and easy to understand overviews of ICON, the importance of decentralization, and the Governance Structure (In-Progress - ECD Summer 2019)
2. Technical tutorials for node resiliency (In-Progress - ECD Summer 2019)
3. Technical tutorials for integrating ICON into mobile applications (Fall 2019)
-Leverage experience staking other blockchains (Cosmos, Terra, and IRIS) and share lessons learned with other developers. (In-Progress – ECD Fall 2019)
-Use our hands-on military cyber security training and experiences to strengthen our node to be resilient. (In-Progress – ECD Summer 2019)
- Engage with top-tier US Universities regarding blockchain and ICON
- Host ICON Meetups in the US and Europe
- Partner with other P-Reps to launch community-driven events to raise awareness and offer rewards to participants
-Develop code templates for easy integration of ICON functions into mobile apps.
- Develop code templates for software as infrastructure development and launch of hardened nodes on AWS.
- Engage with the community to understand goals and ‘wish-list’ of functions and Dapps and begin development of community-driven Dapps
Expected Network Information
2 x Servers (One in Europe and another in the United States). Instance type : C5.9xlarge CPU model: Intel(R) CPU @ 3.00GHz; vCPU: 36; RAM: 72G; Disk: 500G NVMe SSD; Network: 10 Gbps; backup DISK
Expected Network Information
Russell Shirey (@thelionshire)
Marius Andrei (@ubikcapital)
Tam Su (@tamsu0)