ICON Vote is a communication platform for P-reps and ICX investors
Nov. 1, 2019 ~ July 31, 2020
What is ICON Vote?
ICON Vote provides an opportunity for each P-Rep to form its own DAO, turning delegators into active participants so that the ICON ecosystem can flourish. The vision of ICON Vote goes beyond simply allowing P-Reps to propose votes to their delegators: this platform can become the standard communication medium between a P-Rep and their supporters.
With ICON Vote, P-reps better understand what their own voters want them to contribute. ICX investors can now voice their opinion to P-reps on what they want to see accomplished instead of simply voting for a P-rep. We hope to expand the voting platform to ICON dapps and non-blockchain online communities as well in the future.
Why we built ICON Vote?
We believe there is a need for active contribution and participation from both P-reps and ICX investors for the ICON ecosystem to thrive. Currently, there are limited communication channels between P-reps and ICX investors such as Telegram or Twitter, and it is hard to keep up with the entire discussion because they weren’t designed for a long form discussion such as governance or financing in the first place.
We believe voting is a key feature of governance. ICON Vote enables P-Reps to interact directly with their supporters through on-chain votes accessible only to their voter base. P-Reps utilizing ICON Vote will offer their supporters a greater voice in governance, funding decisions, and other deliverables.
Major benefits of ICON Vote
- Utilize collective intelligence from the community: we believe the community is the biggest asset to the ICON ecosystem and it would be a waste to not utilize the community’s feedback.
- Silent majority can voice their opinion now through votes: social media can sometimes be skewed towards a specific direction based on vocal minorities and many do not like to participate in such discussions. ICON Vote can give them an outlet to voice their opinion.
- Great efficiency and productivity: Discussion needs to end sometimes and voting can help move conversations forward. Healthy discussions are always good, but some discussions never end, and there is no progress. As a mature community, we need to sometimes agree to disagree and put it to a vote so that we can move on to work on greater things.
• Reliant Node - Ledger integration https://github.com/ReliantNode/myiconwallet-react
• Parrot 9 - New logo https://twitter.com/ICONvote/status/1236055984025399297
• Website: https://icon.vote/
• Youtube Introduction Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrkEUU3Zz_0&t=2s
• Telegram Room: https://t.me/iconvote